Saturday, March 15, 2008

March 15

Good morning, and thanks for reading my blog. I appreciate the feedback, and I’m glad that some of you have found the posts helpful. I really enjoy writing them. However, I’m getting worn out and I need to take a break.
I truly admire people who can work full-time and still write. I just don’t seem to be one of them. If I try to keep up this pace, the posts will start being really grumpy. That kind of defeats the purpose, don’t you think?
And something else has been nagging at me. I have the sense that there are more urgent matters that need to be addressed. Specifically, the shredding of the U.S. Constitution, and the sports tournament that we call an election, which allows us to choose between Tweedledum and Tweedledee, on voting machines that do fishy things.
I still have another fun dragon story and will plan to finish it in about a week. In the meantime, I’m thinking maybe I should follow my own advice. I’m going to take a nap and then go for a walk in the woods.
Thanks again for your feedback and encouragement.
One more thing – if you live in the United States you might want to consider getting some of your news from at least one source outside the U.S. It’s easy to do on the Internet. Just a suggestion.

Karen

2 comments:

ecgrayb said...

Karen,
I'm glad you are paying attention to yourself. I hope your nap and walk in the woods were restorative.
Elaine

Anonymous said...

I tried to read your blogs on the archetypes but the feminist in me finds the Warrior, Wizard, Hero all so very wearisomely male. Being a pagan I prefer the traditional pagan Maiden, Mother, & Crone. When you return from your rest you might give them some thought. They are so in keeping with the concept of peace...

Martha (http://sixtyup.blogspot.com/)