Thursday, February 7, 2008

Feb 7 Energy

Most of us keep track of where our money goes, how much money we have, and what everything costs. But very few of us pay the same attention to our energy.
You may be like me – I often find I don’t have enough energy to do things that are important to me. Ideally, we would spend the most energy on things that are the most valuable to us, but that may not be easy to do.
Some people make us feel drained. People who are takers, who are needy or anxious, can be expensive to be around, measured by how much energy they cost us.
Some jobs are exhausting. Maybe you have had these jobs – I certainly have. At the end of a work day, you can’t say exactly what you accomplished, but you are completely out of energy.
Some locations can be draining. I find that noisy and chaotic places are tiring for me. This is different for everyone, but we all have places that take energy away and others that are restoring.
Today, think about the answer to these questions:
Who do you know that is draining?
What takes your energy away? What gives it back?

No comments: